■ Seeks settlement with ex-gov, supporters
Ogun State gov­ernor, Sena­tor Ibikunle Amosun has said that he is not in any competition with Aremo Olusegun Osoba or his predecessors and ap­pealed to people of good­will to intervene in the crisis between him and those opposed to his ad­ministration in the inter­est of the state.
“I am not in competition with Chief Osoba, he is our leader. If there is anything we’ve done, I am appeal­ing to all the good people of Ogun State to still ap­peal to him. I am not in competition with either Chief Osoba or any of our governors”, the governor pleaded.
He made the appeal while speaking on a live programme aired by Rock city FM on Friday in Abeo­kuta, the state capital.
Speaking further, he said: “I am here to do my job. People have been gov­ernors before I was born, people will continue to be after I am gone. I have something to do, I don’t have any other life and ev­erything is what I am put­ting into this governance now. I know, at best, I’ll do it, even my predecessor will do it, he is the longest serving governor for eight years, but I just want my own to be eventful, what­ever the length of years is, if it is three, two, it must be eventful, so, I don’t need to write anything as the for­mer governor, people will know that Amosun did this after I might have died”.

“For me, it takes two to tango, even if you want to resolve something, the two parties need to agree. I don’t want to be discuss­ing this, what I know is that Chief Osoba is my leader, our leader and he will be our leader”, Amosun add­ed.
The governor said by all means, “I will contest for a second term in office because our people have shown love and I really cannot thank them enough. I take more than 2000 calls everyday, what does that tell you? They use their money to call me. It shows something and it humbles me. My colleagues will complain that they take more than 1000 calls, I’ll just keep my mouth shut. It tells me that we must do something more for them.
“So, on this APC matter, I’ll continue to appeal to the people. Nobody ben­efits from an environment of discord.
I will continue to appeal to all our elders because I feel so depressed. Even at Abuja, where they are dis­cussing Ogun State, I have begged and I appealled that you (Osoba) are our every­thing.”
He added: “Whatever he tells me, I’ll do and I am still saying that on air now, he should let me know what exactly is the problem, if I know, we’ll attend to it. I have been pleading and begging, how will anyone now ascribe violence to me, what do I benefit from that, I have everything to lose.
“In order to hang a dog, people give the dog a bad name, I have done my bit and I am not in any com­petition with anybody, God knows. Chief Osoba will continue to get my respect. It is a covenant with my God.”