23:46
0
Operatives of the Special Anti Robbery Squad,
SARS, Ikeja, Lagos have smashed a syndicate that
specialize in selling human parts, Vanguard
reports.
The 3 suspects whose names were given as
Mustapha Muritala, Sunday Oluyeba and Adenike
Olanrewaju, were arrested at the Ojumerin area of
Sagamu, Ogun State following a tip off. Recovered
from the suspects were two human skulls
suspected to have been procured from a
graveyard.
When interrogated, one of
the suspects, 42 year
old Herbalist Mustapha Murtala, said he ventured
into the business two years ago following an offer
of N30,000 for a human skull. Continue...
"I am a herbalist from Sagamu, Ogun State. I
was introduced to human parts business by
one Sunday Oluyeba I knew through my
friends, Olanipekun and Kazim, three years
ago. My friends asked me to get native birds
called eyeoshi and eyeoke, and I succeeded
in getting them. They later came and
requested a human head with an offer of
N30,000. They said they wanted to use it to
prepare concoction for a pregnant woman in
labour . They told me they also use human
parts to prepare concoction for women who
have difficulty in getting pregnant. What they
do is to grind the human skull, mix it with
water and give to the woman to drink. Such
concoction cleanses the stomach, after
which she would become pregnant. Sunday
brought the human head and I paid him
N15,000 for it. This is the second time I am
buying a human skull from him. I do not
know where he got them from.”
Recounting how he was arrested, Mustapha said
“I was going about my herbal business when
a man came and demanded human skull. As
I handed the nylon where I kept it to him,
some men I later discovered to be policemen
swooped on me. I have never killed anyone
in my life.” he said
After his arrest, he was made to put a call across
to his partner in crime, Oluyeba, demanding a
human head. Oluyeba, who was indisposed,
instructed one of his herbalist friends, Baba Beji, to
go for the supply. He was arrested when he got
there.
Further investigations by police led to the arrest of
another suspect in Sagamu. The suspect, Juwon
Olarewaju, another herbalist, reportedly fled on
sighting policemen and his wife, Mrs Olarewaju
was arrested instead.
34 year old Mrs Olarewaju, said she was shocked
to find out her husband was involved in such a
trade. She said;
“I have been married to Juwon for five years
and we have two children. My husband is a
herbalist but I didn’t know he was dealing in
human parts. I was arrested in my house at
about 2am over the weekend. I swear, I
didn’t know anything about all these. I was
arrested because my husband whom they
came to arrest ran away. These people
implicated my husband in the matter; they
said my husband supplied them with a
human head.” she said
Police say the suspects will soon be charged to
court.

0 comments:

Post a Comment